Mold is a dangerous substance to your home’s surfaces because it can quickly destroy whatever it propagates in, and the longer you leave it to grow, the more destructive it becomes. That’s why it’s important to quickly remove janitorial services Little Rock AR as soon as you see it growing.
Here are a few tips on how you can deal with mold when you come across it in your home:
Who Should Clean the Mold?
The answer to this question depends on a couple of dynamics, the first one being the amount of mold there is. Mold which has spread to an area that is less than 10 sq ft is easier to handle, and you can probably do it yourself easily. However, once you throw in water damage and mold growth of over 10 sq ft, then you should check out the Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings, which as the name implies, is an EPA guide on how to eliminate mold in schools and commercial buildings.
Should you opt for a professional contractor to clean up the mold for you, it’s important to ensure that they have the appropriate experience needed to do the job properly. One way to do this is to check for their references and specifically request them to follow the EPA guide mentioned above for guidelines when doing the cleanup. It’s also a good idea to ask that they follow the guidelines provided in the American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH), and any other guidelines that you may deem important and helpful from governmental and/or professional establishments.
These guides have helpful tips that directly address particular areas of the home. For example, the EPA guide mentioned above has guidelines that help in cleaning up mold in the heating/ ventilation/ air conditioning (HVAC) system, and as you’ll see in the guide, it’s essential that you switch the HVAC system off the moment you notice the possibility of house cleaning Little Rock contamination so that you can safely clean it.
Mold can also be caused by the presence of contaminated water or sewage water, in which case you’d have to hire someone who’s specifically skilled in repairing water damaged property, and if the mold is giving your health concerns, then you should consult with a health expert.
Tips and Tricks
While these tips can help you solve your cleaning services Little Rock AR issue, they may not be the same methods used by professional cleaners, and the affected area may never return to its original state and appearance even after the mold has been removed. Nevertheless, they are very helpful tips to help you to clean mold:
– Repair plumbing leaks immediately and don’t wait for other water problems to progress before fixing them either.
– If carpet or ceiling tiles start to grow mold, then it’s best to throw them away because it’s practically impossible to completely remove mold from porous materials like these.
– When dealing with mold on hard surfaces, be sure to scrub it off with a solution of water and detergent.
– Never apply paint on top of moldy surfaces. You should remove the mold first before you apply the paint, as leaving it will cause the paint to peel prematurely.
– Mold loves to grow in areas that are frequently damp, so it’s important to increase the ventilation in your bathroom and clean it regularly to avoid the creation of mold.