The epic Harry Potter adventure wraps up this weekend because countless fans take in the last movie. On one hand, I am ridiculously excited to see it. On the other, I almost do not need to … can it really be over?
Fortunately, we could lessen the withdrawal pangs by reliving the play of the wizarding world by seeing enthusiast sites, rereading the books and also taking our quiz. If you believe yourself the Muggle-born style expert on the Harry Potter series, then reveal your eye for detail by answering 7 questions (in honor of these 7 books, obviously) on a number of those not-so-obvious design components from the final publication.
Ready to begin? Answer the following questions as best you can (no cheating), and check your answers against those underneath the last two pictures. It’s worth getting off your high hippogriff and giving it a try:
1. Which are the official colors of all the four student homes at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
2. Harry’s Aunt, Petunia Dursley, made the entire inside of their over-the-top house on Privet Drive. Judging from the look of her house, what’s Petunia Dursley’s favorite colour?
3. What’s the exterior of Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour’s cottage Made from?
4. Which will be the columns and columns in Gringotts Wizarding Bank made out of?
5. What architectural attribute hides the entrance to the Headmaster’s office in Hogwarts?
6. How many doors and windows does the Shrieking Shack have?
7. What type of decorative creatures roam about the grounds of Malfoy Manor?
Bonus query: What type of stones are in the hilt of Godric Gryffindor’s Sword?
Next: Check your answers
1. Slytherin’s colors are silver and green, Gryffindor’s are scarlet and gold, Hufflepuff’s are yellow and black, Ravenclaw’s are bronze and blue.
2. Pink! With plenty of lacey accents.
3. True to its title, Shell Cottage (located right on the beach) is coated with overlapping shells.
4. The impressive principal floor of Gringotts (although less impressive as the huge caverns beneath it) is lined with stately marble columns and a tasteful marble flooring.
5. The Headmaster’s workplace is slyly hidden behind a stone gargoyle in one of Hogwarts’s hallways.
6. Gotcha! Trick question. The Shrieking Shack really has no functioning doors or windows. The only entrance is through a tunnel under the Whomping Willow on Hogwarts’s grounds.
7. A sort of tribute to the white hair that appears to operate in the household, Malfoy Manor has several albino peacocks wandering the expansive estate.
Bonus query: Rubies — reddish stones in a gold hilt for the scarlet and gold colors of Gryffindor!
If you scored…
0-2: Time to study up, Muggle. Crabbe and Goyle could do better!
3-5: Not too bad, but it seems like you have got a little bit of Luna Lovegood in you — smart, but with your head in the clouds.
6-7: You are quite the Hermione Granger, are not you? Did you ace your N.E.W.T.s too?
All photographs courtesy of Warner Bros.. Pictures