Shiny things, like my chunky, glittery peep-toe pumps, are one of those little luxuries I can’t live without. And I cannot imagine my home without some shiny décor. Whether you’ve got an appreciation for ultratraditional or ultramodern style, a little glitter and a little gleam can raise the glam factor of almost any space. It’ll bring in brightness and interest. I’ve listed my top 10 reasons to add sparkle to a room — but the truth is you never need a reason to glow.
Atmosphere Interior Design Inc..
1. Shiny particulars in a space kick the word’workspace’ into the curb. Reflective, glitzy décor provides any space, including a workspace, an inviting divine feel. Do not allow the word”home office” or”kitchen” dictate the way you decorate it. Yes, you have to contemplate work first, but coating your work surfaces and the walls with lovely, shining accents to make a stunning setting. Would not you like to walk in your home office and feel like the king or queen of it?
Sparkle not just looks grand, but it also keeps the eye from focusing on other things, like a cluttered desk. Try tall lamps in groups of two with a glow on the lamp base so there will be a good deal of light reflecting off of them. Pick a chair with nail heads, and pick up interesting glitzy accents from any regional retail store to put on the corner of the desk or on a bookshelf.
Contemporary Serving Trays – $49.95
For the counter or desk: Maintain mail or”to-do” items in a silver tray like this one even regular business tools become glamorous.
The Couture Rooms
2. Large-scale glow removes the need for expensive wall moldings. If you’re trying to add character and drama to a wall, then try a huge mirror with a reflective metallic frame, rather than a wood finish. A round shape can be very glamorous, or set a bunch of smaller mirrors.
LORRAINE G VALE, Allied ASID
3. Shiny details may make a”wow” moment even in a little space. Distract from just how little a space is with shiny particulars. Change the mirror out at a powder room with a single with a framework that sparkles, use background with a shiny texture or change out fixtures to glitzier ones.
Eclectic Wallpaper – $70
Here’s a gentle silver metallic background which would look great in a toilet, layered with a silver mirror. I will also view it in a living space, along with a grey modern sofa and a plush shag rug.
Enviable Designs Inc..
4. It can make an affordable toilet makeover. Some fresh paint onto the walls and simple changes like fresh silver or gold framed mirrors, new light fixtures and fixtures may function as remodel your toilet needs without the cost of major remodel. Lots of glow in a toilet produces a brighter space and gives it life.
5. It is possible to turn eating into a dining experience. Permit your dining room or kitchen glow all night and day by means of reflective accents.
Searching for an easy inexpensive DIY makeover to find this look? If you’ve got a dining place, maintain the classic table and use spray paint from the regional hardware or craft store in your seats to get a silver appearance. (See how to paint seats here.)
On top of a buffet or counter tops, include numerous silver vases in varying heights, widths and shapes (they do not even have to be exactly the exact same silver, some could be antiqued, by way of example, since when grouped together they will make a sparkly cohesive structure ).
Next, change out your window rod to a one-inch silver one, and do not neglect to use a shiny chandelier.
Heather Garrett Design
6. An area may signify the VIP in you. Can you have one space in your home that makes you feel uniquely elegant? I can envision hosting many VIP nights in a space similar to this. From the glam overhead pendant to the big shiny mirror, sconces and vases, all representing beautifully off deep gray-toned walls; it has all the bells and whistles of a roped-off personal celebration.
Brian Watford Interiors
7. Shiny touches can make a romantic elegance. Add silky curtains, a shiny overhead light or lamps and even throw pillows with sequins or a metallic appearance to add romance to any room.
Tiffany Eastman Interiors, LLC
8. Shiny surfaces produce the illusion of more space. Mirrored furniture isn’t just Hollywood glam to look at however, since it’s reflective, it does not feel heavy in a space and is perfect for narrow spaces. Silver finishes are also excellent additions to neutral spaces since they add interest without colour.
Cary Bernstein Architect
9. Stainless steel produces a kitchen feel contemporary. If you want a modern appearance, pull stainless steel appliances, backsplash, accents and hardware, and select silver finishes for your seating.
Jamie Young St Charles Mercury Glass Pendant Chandelier | LampsPlus.com – $149.91
All these mercury-glass pendants would look fabulous paired or tripled within an island. Create even more sparkle by employing silver island stools beneath.
Jennifer Brouwer (Jennifer Brouwer Design Inc)
10. Shiny accents dancing in a neutral colour. If you want to maintain a space soft and calm, you might choose to use a neutral palette. Shiny finishes on décor elements allow you to bring in interest and also a luxury feel without colour.
Faceted Mirror Side Table – $199
This little stool is magnificent in person and also the faceted mirror bits remind me of diamond cuts.
More: Group Mirrors for a Stunning Effect
10 Ways to Make a Neutral Palette Shine
Mixing Metals for Shine and Interest
Just a Little Sparkle, a Tiny Shine