The master bathroom is usually the room in your home where you start and end daily. Make it a distance worth spending time in by implementing a number of these cheap, functional ideas.
Castro Design Studio
1. Center stage. During your master bathroom remodel, opt for a freestanding bathtub rather than the classic wall-to-wall model, and watch as the others swoon over the mere idea of utter comfort. Nothing says “Take me away” over an old-world bathtub.
Artcraft Granite, Marble & Tile Co..
2. Mirror mirror on the wall. Pick up a few secondhand frames at any garage sale, dust off them, paint them your preferred color and apply a mirror into the back. Install your new treasures right on top of your current bathroom mirror. You just might realize your master bathroom is going to probably be the fairest of them.
The Sky is the Limit Design
3. Going to the top. Extending your master bathroom’s vanity cabinets all the way into the ceiling is an easy solution for more storage. You will be amazed at just how much more will fit in the smallest master bathroom.
4. Tile that ceiling. Create that serene spa atmosphere by carrying your wall tile onto the ceiling of your master bathroom for a seamless appearance. Ceilings are not simply for the shower.
Designs for Living
5. Double your delight. If a master bathroom is bigger than you would like, add wall-to-wall mirrors around the room and watch your square footage double by reflection.
6. Shelf life. Maximize distance and arrange everything around the bathtub with easy-to-reach shelves and cubbies. Display personal things amongst your bathing requirements without the stress of getting them wet.
Dara Rosenfeld Design
7. Rock wall. Change your master bathroom to a pure wonder by installing rock tile onto the focal point. This is a great way to bring the outdoors inside.
David Wilkes Builders
8. Grand illusion. Transform your master bathroom to a zero-gravity illusion using a floating vanity that frees up your floor space. Mount a towel rack beneath the dressing table for perfect demonstration of hand towels.
Janine Terstriep/The Decorative Touch Ltd
9. Soft environment. Swaddle yourself in textiles for absolute softness inside your master bathroom. Who says the living room is the sole place for draperies, rugs, pillows, throws and upholstered pieces? Adding unexpected levels of relaxation creates shock.
Remodel Works Bath & Kitchen
10. Take it off. A simple way to save money on your own master bathroom remodel is to just take off your shower door. Place the doorless entry toward the rear of the shower to avoid overspray.
Uncramp Your Small Toilet
9 Ways to Make a Not-So-Standard Toilet
Designer Trick: Carry Your Shower Tile into the Ceiling